What We Believe
The Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church holds to the truths of the Christian faith as revealed in Holy Scripture and set forth in the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the other Creeds and Symbols of the historic Christian Faith. Here is a brief summary of what we believe:
- GOD IS THE SOVEREIGN CREATOR and ruler of the universe.
- JESUS CHRIST is the Messiah, the Savior of humanity.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT is the initiator and enabler for the Christian life.
- THE BIBLE is the infallible Word of God, the only perfect rule of faith and practice.
- SALVATION is by God's grace, freely given through faith and not earned by any merit of man.
- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS are the summation of man's duty to God and of man's responsibility to his fellow man.
- FAMILY WORSHIP AND TITHING are encouraged.
- CHURCH GOVERNMENT is by the Presbyterian system, from which the denomination takes its name. As outlined in the Bible, church government is by Elders who are elected by members of each congregation.
- THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM is administered to believers and their children. All forms of Christian baptism are recognized, and a second ceremony is not administered to those baptized in other Christian churches.
- BELIEVERS MAY JOIN the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church by profession of faith, reaffirmation of faith or transfer of membership from another denomination.
For a more complete statement of our theological and doctrinal views, read the Confession of Faith of our Church.
The General Synod of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church is a member of The North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council (NAPARC).